China About To Open World’s Longest And Highest Glass-Bottom Bridge
Taking the “watch where you’re going” a little too literally, this glass bridge in China is going to be 370 meters long – and stand 400 meters above ground! Planned by Israeli architect Haim Dotan bridge will span the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon, making for some scenic and scary views. The bridge should be able to hold up to 800 tourists at one time. And they’re already planning to host fashion events on the thing, too! The Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge slated to open in July.
Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon and its sandstone towers the inspiration for Pandora, a location in the film Avatar. The bridge will be much longer than the cantilever walkway in Longgang National Geological Park and the Grand Canyon Skywalk in the US. It will also have the highest bungee jump point in the world! I guess that one is for people who don’t find walks at 400 meters in the air, on glass, to be thrilling enough.
Incoming search terms:
- glass bottom bridge (2)
- glass bottom bridge in china (1)
- glass bottomed bridge (1)
- highest glass bottomed bridge (1)
- longest and highest glass bottomed bridge (1)
- the longest bridge in the world 2015 (1)
- worlds longest glass bridge to open in china (1)
- world\s longest and highest glass-bottom bridge to open in china (1)