10 Healthier Breakfasts You’ll Want To Wake Up With
Nobody should have to start the day with deprivation.
1. French Toast with Berriestheorganickitchen.org
Looks and tastes decadent, but the whole grain bread, cottage cheese, and fresh berries mean you’re doing more than just your taste buds a favor. (Pro-tip: Using freshly baked bread instead of the processed, packaged kind makes all the difference.) Recipe here.
2. Quinoa Hash Brownsabeautifulmess.com
Adding quinoa to your hash browns means you get a whole extra dose of protein. Not a bad way to start the day. Recipe here.
3. Better Bacon-Egg-And-Cheese Sandwichmarthastewart.com
Tastes better AND feels better than what they’ll sell you at the deli. (Once again, fresh bread changes everything.) Recipe here.
4. Kale and Ricotta Breakfast Pizzabaconeggcheesecake.com
Thin crust > thick crust
Hard-boiled eggs > fried-in-butter eggs
Ricotta > mozzarella, cheddar, or parmesan
Turkey bacon > Bacon bacon
Kale > no kale
Pizza > everything
5. Skinny Banana Blueberry Muffinssallysbakingaddiction.com
Nonfat yogurt, honey, and whole wheat flour make these blueberry muffins just as tasty as the regular version, but without all the over-processed, high-fat ingredients.Recipe here.
6. Huevos Rancherosheatherchristo.com
Don’t muck up your huevos with unnecessary chorizo, sour cream, or refried beans.Recipe here.
7. Vegan Braided Blueberry Danishnamelymarly.com
Making this one takes a serious level of commitment, BUT in the end, you’ll have a beautiful, homemade, vegan blueberry danish. Skip the glaze if you want to cut the sugar. Recipe here.
8. Open-Faced Egg and Tomato Sandwichmarthastewart.com
Satisfy your breakfast sandwich craving with a whole wheat English muffin, fresh tomatoes, eggs, and just the right amount of cheddar cheese. Recipe here.
9. Paleo Strawberry Doughnutsblog.jchongstudio.com
A Paleo breakfast everyone can get behind. Recipe here.
10. Vegan Breakfast Burritokblog.lunchboxbunch.com
Try subbing out regular eggs for a tofu scramble to get the flavor without the cholesterol. Add nutrition and bulk with sautéed spinach and peppers. Recipe here.